A Physical Therapist's Guide to Neck and Shoulder Pain Relief
YOU DON’T HAVE TO LIVE WITH PAIN
Quick and Easy Steps To Reduce Neck & Shoulder Pain
Get your Free Guide to Neck & Shoulder Pain with easy steps to reduce neck and shoulder pain and avoid disturbing sleep or severe headaches.
We’re Not Just Any Physical Therapy Clinic
The Fit Club System
At Fit Club we help people live an active lifestyle through one-on-one treatments provided directly by a Doctor of Physical Therapy. Our treatment philosophy is progressive and all-encompassing; helping our patients live a life free from medication and doing what they love!
Our Focus is on You
Bridging the gap between rehabilitation and performance, physical therapy at Fit Club focuses on a holistic approach to injury. We're not like other physical therapy clinics, we treat the individual-- not just the injury.
A Diverse Range of Patients
Fit Club is the ideal physical therapy service for patients with orthopedic injuries who live an active lifestyle, patients looking to return to athletic competition, and anyone motivated to recover quickly from an orthopedic injury or surgical procedure.
Back Pain FAQs
If you have lower back pain, tightness or stiffness it’s very tempting to think that it’s nothing, and that it will go away on its own. Or, you pass it off as having just “slept awkwardly”, or that it’s just a “spasm” or a bit of stiffness that “everyone” suffers from…
There’s no obvious reason why it happened but it doesn’t seem to be getting better!
If that’s happening to you, you’re not alone – and we hear this type of thing all the time. In fact, lower back pain and sciatica are one of the most common injuries on the planet today! And when it comes to living with back pain, everybody we see wants to know…
“Why is This Happening to Me?”… or, “Why Am I Still Suffering With Back Pain After Putting Up With It For 6 Months (Maybe More)? Most people think that when they get back pain, it’s just going to go away on it’s own.
That they’ll wake up one morning and like “magic”, it’ll be as if back pain never happened… But then 6 months later you’re still living with back pain – often even worse than it was when it started.
Another scenario we see frequently is when people go to the Doctors, and the Doctor tells them to rest and “try these painkillers” and “see how it goes”.
But this is rarely ever the best advice and often 6 weeks later, they end up going back to the Doctor again because it hasn’t got any better. Worse, they’re often given yet another prescription of even stronger pills, and advised MORE rest. This madness explains why so many people aged 24-44 are suffering with lower back pain today!
Has This Type Of Thing Happened To You? Why else does back pain last longer than it should? Well, it’s easy to get confused because you’ve been told different things, by different people. There’s lots of people out there who are happy to dispense advice – but not all of it is credible.
Maybe you think your back pain was caused by doing something – like lifting or sleeping awkwardly – but really it was caused by spending hours upon hours in poor postures that caused the muscles in your back to become weak and the lifting or the awkward sleeping position was just the EFFECT of that.
If you don’t know what you’re doing – back pain can be very scary and confusing and because of this, many people just end up accepting it as ‘part of life’ – as if it’s normal, and ‘just the way it is’.
Do You Feel That Way Too?
- First, you need to make a decision about getting help. So many people age 24-44 procrastinate for so long, thinking that back pain will ‘just go away with time’, but then 6 months down the line they’re still dealing with it, and nothing’s changed… Or it gets worse
- Next, do the RIGHT exercises – one of the best things to help you ease your back pain is to do the right series of progressed exercises – the right exercises given to you by a Doctor of Physical Therapy will help reduce pain, and allow you to move efficiently again quickly – and make sure that the problems don’t come back anytime soon (or make your back worse like some exercises do).
- Avoid sitting and long periods of rest – ever tried to get up from your desk after working for a while, but you struggle because your back feels so painful and tight? That’s because one of the worst things you can do that adds to back pain is rest, and sit for long periods of time. Too much rest, and sitting in awkward positions makes your back stiff and tight. It would really help if you were given appropriate strengthening exercises for better posture, alongside hands-on treatment, to get you active and healthy as quickly as possible.
- Get real, “hands-on” treatments – Physical Therapy is proven to help people with low-backpain. In fact at Fit Club it’s one of the most common injuries we see. If your back pain is affecting your job, your ability to stay active, or gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends – Physical Therapy can help get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible. If you would like to know how the team at Fit Club can help you live with less back pain – we invite you to start with a completely free, no-obligation, risk free appointment at one of our clinics:
How Can Choosing to See a Physical Therapist at Fit Club Help You Get Rid of Your Back Pain – In The Next Few Days? Here’s just a few of the things our team can do for you:
- We can quickly take away the pain and stiffness – often inside a couple of sessions
- We can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your backpain once and for all – often inside 30 minutes
- Pain can drain you of energy and limit a peaceful night’s sleep – we can help you to enjoy sleeping at night and living with more energy each day
- We will ensure that your problem is “corrected” and “healed” properly – and we will provide you with the perfect set of exercises that will speed up your recovery
- We can help you put an end to taking all of those painkillers that are no good for your health long-term
- We can help you avoid dangerous spinal surgery – and painful injections
- We can help you get back to enjoying quality time with family and friends that back pain has stolen from you
- We can help you to sit more comfortably at work and walk/run longer than 15 minutes without your back feeling weak and painful or like it is going to “give-way”…
Basically, we can help you get back to living life free from back pain!